Join AESOP and your TriCo peers for a multi-course workshop (see second half of session under separate Handshake registration “Art & Science of Presentation: Presenting like a Professional” 2-4pm (immediately following this workshop)) helping you learn essential communication skills that will advance your professional ‘soft skill’ qualities.
Part 1: Captivating Outreach & Self Marketing Communications
Learning how to effectively market yourself to experienced professionals is a key skill to develop during the career search process and will continue to be utilized throughout your career – whether pitching your services, changing careers, or connecting internally for new opportunities.
As you plan your networking and career pursuit effort, the first impression starts with the outreach message. Just from a message, an experienced professional can assess a student’s: (1) career readiness (2) passion for the job function / industry / company (3) competencies / talents / experience (4) and finally, professionalism. Just from a simple message, a lot can be interpreted. Therefore, it’s important to learn through this program:
- Why Outreach Emails are an Important Piece in the Process
- The Experienced Professional’s Perspective (what they look for)
- Review Real World Emails – Do’s and Don’t
- Receive a Recommended Template for Structuring a ‘Captivating Email’
- Actionable Tactics to Plan and Nurture Your Outreach / Networking Campaign
- Start Date
- Sep 9, 2023
- End Date
- Sep 9, 2023