Data is everywhere, and is a critical asset utilized by everyone in this digital era – regardless of business size, industry, or department. Being able to confidently navigate, analyze, and strategically interpret data is a functional capability that many organizations strive to achieve with their employees or new hires.
Starting from ‘client requests’, this real world simulated series will train students on how to independently carry out the end-to-end process of utilizing data analytics and data management skills to solve business problems.
Crafted specifically for liberal arts students, students will learn:
- Business Requirements: Learn to clearly define and tackle data related requests – following professional techniques to understand and translate business asks into technical solutions
- SQL: Build custom datasets via SQL query language to source data from a data warehouse and use SQL to solve pressing questions by providing rapid access to insights. Advancing from basic to advanced SQL scripts, students will learn how to create queries solving increasingly complex asks
- Excel Advancement: Build proficiency in Excel essentials and even reach advanced levels expected of senior associates. Students will evolve their Excel methods through ‘learn by doing’ tasks and cover key commands used for efficiency in everyday operations or strategic analysis (VLOOKUPS, SUMIFs, Pivot Tables)
- Tableau: Develop skills in industry-leading ‘big data’ visualization tool, Tableau, by building dynamic and intuitive dashboard visualizations that best represent results to leaders. Learn how to create ‘user friendly’ data analytics capabilities at scale for any organization
- Career Guidance: Throughout your experience, hear directly valued career guidance, professional tips and open Q&A with an industry leader in this field Through a series of virtual lectures, real-world client scenarios and group work, this data-focused series will cover the high demand technical skills in a data-driven world to better prepare students for their future careers, irrespective of industry.
10/14/22, 11AM – 4:30PM US EST: SQL Essentials L1
10/15/22, 11AM – 4:30PM US EST: Excel Advancement
10/21/22, 10:00AM – 5PM US EST: Tableau Basics L1 to Advancement L2
10/22/22, 11:00AM – 3:30PM US EST: SQL Advancement L2
- Start Date
- Oct 14, 2023
- End Date
- Oct 22, 2023