This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing mid-sized privately held Wealth Management Company. We are a nationally recognized investment advisor located in Ridgewood, NJ with over $5 billion in managed assets.
Compensation: $45k – $55k (details below). We are looking for someone to start right away. Please only apply if you have recently graduated.
We are seeking a full time entry-level trader to provide trading services.
This role has consistently led to other positions and opportunities within our firm. In fact, one of our prior Portfolio Managers had started with us as a trader.
Qualifications & Opportunity
Work with an incredibly dynamic young, energetic team of 30+ people.
We are looking for an energetic, thought provoking individual who is excited about working with our trading desk, portfolio managers, and operations. You will work directly with Portfolio Managers on a daily basis. The successful candidate will possess the following:
· An undergraduate degree is required, please provide GPA on your application
· Candidates must be extremely organized and capable of multi-tasking
· Proficiency in Office, including Word and Excel, especially Excel. Did I mention Excel?
· Technologically proficient and comfortable working on a PC
· Superior attention to detail and the ability to independently manage multiple projects in an accurate and timely manner is essential
· Must be a team player with a desire to work in a collegial environment
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Deadline oriented
· Strong mathematical skills
· No experience necessary as a trader
· Modeling trades
· Trading across multiple platforms
· Sending out and managing the cash report and monitoring cash balances
· Monitoring position size
· Organizing new accounts, preparing them for investment and investing them
· Manage restrictions, investment timing, and other unique situations on accounts
· Providing extensive service to operating staff
· Model a very wide ranging set of transactions
· Help establish best practices, procedures, and processes that make trading and ACM more efficient
· Execute lots of different transactions in equities and fixed income
· Comfortable talking and working efficiently with portfolio managers
· Competitive base salary ranging from $45,000 – $55,000 depending on experience with trading
· Health coverage
· 401k match
· Professional development training
· Great potential for career growth
· A lean, efficient, work hard, but fun culture. No red tape, extremely flat organization. Results oriented.
Advisors Capital Management LLC
Advisors Capital Management LLC (ACM) is a provider of privately managed investment accounts located in Ridgewood, NJ. ACM is an all cap asset, value, longer-term oriented investment manager. ACM clients establish their own account at an independent custodian and then elect ACM to manage the account based on a predetermined investment strategy on a fee basis. Each portfolio is tailored from an investor’s unique investment policy to take into consideration personal risk levels and investment objectives. ACM provides investment management services to individual investors and financial professionals. ACM’s investment program is created for discerning investors who are looking for true private account management.
Due to COVID-19, some employees are working remotely but eligible to return to the office if they’ve received the COVID-19 vaccine. This role would require you to work in the office when needed.