Position Title: Project Engineer or Sr Project Engineer, A&E (P3 or P4)*
*Position level will be determined commensurate with experience.
Crown Castle is the nation’s largest provider of shared communications infrastructure: towers, small cells and fiber. Whenever you make a call, track a workout or stream music and videos, we’re the ones providing the communications infrastructure that makes it possible to transform the way we live and work. From 5G and the internet of things to drones, autonomous vehicles and AR/VR, we enable the technologies that help people stay safe, connected and ready for the future. Crown Castle is publicly traded on the S&P 500, and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the US.
The Project Engineer leads project teams in the production of Architectural and Engineering (A&E) design packages for telecommunications infrastructure projects. This role is best suited for licensed professional engineers (PE) or working towards licensure (EIT).
- Review and/or modify AutoCAD templates for A&E drawing packages
- Detailed review of deliverables to provide feedback and redlines prior to review and approval by Engineer of Record
- Perform ancillary civil/structural design and/or analysis on various structures such as equipment pads, steel platforms, antenna mounts, H-frames, etc.
- Produce conceptual sketches for inclusion in design packages
- Recommend civil and electrical design changes for telecom sites
- Review structural documentation for consistency with the overall project
- Develop, maintain and own tools, standards and training as applicable
- Perform quality audit of work product from external parties
- Respond to consultation work order requests
- Drive, manage and proactively communicate useful updates in accordance to project expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent degree
- Master’s degree preferred
- Fundamentals of Engineering Exam – EIT Designation required
- Professional licensure (PE) preferred
- Three (3) to eight (8) or more years of relevant experience
- Experience using AutoCAD software is required
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Experience using MS Excel and other general purpose software for engineering calculations
- Experience leading projects
- Understanding of spatial relationships to resolve potential interference issues
- Understanding of structural load paths
- Knowledge of bolted and welded connection design
- Knowledge of tower hardware and components
- Experience or knowledge of steel shop fabrication processes and/or knowledge of fabrication shop tools and capabilities
- Experience or knowledge in tower/reinforcement erection and/or knowledge of tower construction equipment and practices
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience in customer relations and communications
- Open to innovative solutions utilizing developing technology
- Experience using tnx Tower and/or RISA 3D software preferred not required
Organizational Relationship Reports to: Sr Manager Quality Assurance
Title of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: This role falls into our hybrid work model working in the office on Monday through Thursday. On Fridays, teammates on the hybrid schedule will have the option to work from the office or home. There is an expectation of collaboration with teammates and stakeholders for moments that matter that could require travel.
Additional Information: We offer a total benefits package and professional growth development for teammates in any stage of their career. Along with caring for our teammates, we’re an active member in the communities where we live, work and do business. We have a responsibility to give back, which we do through our Connected by Good program. Giving back allows us to improve public spaces where people connect, promote public safety and advance access to education and technology.