This is a full time role designed to be a launchpad for a person looking to learn the ropes in operating a small and medium-sized business.
If you are interested in search funds or Entrepreneurship Through Acquisition (ETA), this role could be a good fit for you.
You’ll learn a lot and get exposed to many different aspects of business that many junior team members may not see until much later in their careers.
The end goal will be for you to work with us in a leadership position in our existing business or potentially in a newly acquired business.
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer and Director Strategy on strategic company initiatives
- Sample strategic initiatives include:
- Supporting development of value add software products for the core business
- Identifying M&A targets
- Validating new business ideas
- Support Sales team on business development activities including responding to RFPs and prospecting new clients
- Driven, hardworking and results-oriented personality – “doer” not a talker
- Ownership mentality with a strong sense of accountability and integrity
- Effective communicator and listener
- Proactive individual willing to take on any project with enthusiasm
- Detail-oriented and resourceful with a willingness to learn
- Collaborative with the ability to work with other business functions at the organization and also the ability to work autonomously and with limited guidance, when required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English required)
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word