Designs, tests, and commissions industrial electrical and process automation systems including hardware and software. Leads automation team on a project or multiple projects.Responsibilities / Tasks
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Provides leadership to project automation team by analyzing project schedule and assigning project tasks to team members
- Provides technical mentoring, leadership and training to project team.
- Ensures quality of electrical and automation team output by providing guidance, conducting engineering reviews, implementing test plans and reviewing deliverables
- Designs electrical control panels and control systems by applying knowledge of electricity, materials, and instrumentation/control equipment.
- Incorporates specifications and requirements into system design and specifies and requisitions equipment accordingly.
- Coordinates and supervises design requirements with designers.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Coordinates, supervises and inspects the activity of electricians performing system wiring both in-house (skid systems) and at customer sites.
- Provides electrical checkout of systems in-house and at customer sites.
- Generates detailed process Functional Descriptions (FDs) from general process descriptions handed over from the product departments.
- Coordinates with the product departments to ensure the programming will meet their requirements.
- Coordinates with Team Lead – Process Automation to fully understand the Process Automation standards, and to implement those concepts in the control systems.
- Designs software applications by applying knowledge of computer programs, systems, and networks, and/or by supervising and coordinating the design done by subcontractors.
- Tests software applications by performing simulation testing of software on the hardware platforms or emulators.
- Coordinate schedule and budget with the Team Lead – Process Automation and the Project Manager.
- Completes projects by commissioning instrumentation, electrical, and control systems at customer sites.
- Maintains product and company reputation by utilizing established equipment, procedures, and designs, and complying with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares documentation to be included in operating manual by identifying and describing equipment operating characteristics.
- Contributes to team effort by assisting others with their projects and completing non-project related tasks as assigned.
Your Profile / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- No previous experience necessary in process automation engineering – will provide training to gain experience, knowledge and skill set.
- Must have proven analytical skills.
- Must possess good English language communication skills both verbal and written skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and work well in a team setting as well as independently as required.
- Advantageous to have working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to travel as assignments require (up to 25%),
GEA offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high Performance culture.