Join an exciting and inclusive work environment where your work matters, and experience firsthand how our Technology, Data, Analytics and Information Security teams enable The Hartford to meet the needs of our customers. Develop critical functional skills in areas directly related to your role, such as software engineering, application development, cyber security, and more. Associates in the Tech Catalyst program learn technologies and Agile methodologies specific to their roles at The Hartford through immersive training. The multi-week learning experience builds skillsets needed to participate in the entire software development lifecycle process and to position you to grow with emerging technologies and processes. You’ll also have opportunities to network with other interns, teammates, mentors, and leaders at The Hartford.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain practical skills as members of the team guide, mentor and coach you to learn the job
- Receive facilitated or self-directed training relative to your role and The Hartford’s best practices
- Partner with people in the organization to build a working knowledge of The Hartford’s business, processes, and our customers
- Learn and use tools to support organizational decision making, strategy and business functions
- Solve a range of core business and technical needs through work on user stories and projects
- Gain practical skills while you participate in immersive instructor led and/or self-directed training relative to software engineering technologies and The Hartford’s best practices
- Learn and use industry leading tools to develop software programs that support organizational decision making via prototyping, discovery, profiling, etc.
- Utilize programming languages and software technology, fully understanding and applying disciplined software development processes
- Develop or modify software application modules using disciplined software development processes
You must be a team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and possess the following qualities:
- Interest in problem solving and role-specific technologies such as Angular, React, Java and .NET and cloud technologies
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organization skills
- Time management skills with the ability to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstration of a strong willingness to learn
- Undergraduates expecting to graduate in January or May 2023 with a bachelor’s degree and a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Desired majors include, but are not limited to: Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Management Information Systems, Applied Mathematics
- Possess the technical, analytical and communication skills to solve problems, create technical solutions and tell the story about how your work enables the business to address our customer needs
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$56,160 – $84,240
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
About Us | Culture & Employee Insights | Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | Benefits