Public Affairs Specialist 1 – POINT Marketing Communication Coordinator (Temporary)(Part-Time)
Oregon Department of Transportation
Public Transportation Division
Rail Operations and Statewide Multimodal Network Unit
Salem / Hybrid
Salary: $4,259 – $6,528
Join our team as a POINT marketing communication coordinator. In this role, you will work with management to implement marketing and communication strategies to support the POINT intercity bus service. By assisting management with these steps, you can help the public recognize and use this critical ODOT bus service which serves over 8,000 riders a month across Oregon. Apply today!
This is a part-time position. The posted salary/pay range for this announcement is based on full-time hours; the salary will be prorated for part-time hours. The number of hours worked per week will be subject to negotiation and requirements may change over time. ODOT is looking for a candidate that initially can commit to at least 20-25 hours per week. The successful candidate may be required to work 40 hours per week, based on the agency’s business needs.
This job posting is for temporary positions and does not include the typical benefits available for permanent employees. Temporary employees may be eligible for employee health benefits offered through the Public Employees Benefit Board (PEBB) as outlined in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions and hope you will join us on our path to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an agency that embraces social equity through our values, strategic planning, and actions. Leaning into our equity priorities means we continually examine what we do, the impact we have, and our progress toward weaving social equity into who we are. To learn more about our social equity commitments, visit our Social Equity website.
A day in the life:
- Serve as secondary point of contact for marketing and communications of the POINT bus service.
- Assist project manager and marketing consultant in the development, implementation and analysis of original marketing collateral, content and strategies to promote ODOT-managed transit service.
- Assist project manager and marketing consultant in all aspects of the management of the POINT website by reviewing, editing and improving content and reporting on performance.
- Manage all aspects of the POINT Facebook page including creating, scheduling and posting original content and reporting on performance.
- Answer inquiries from the public on a daily basis through POINT website, Ask ODOT, phone calls and all other channels.
- Perform online research, attend webinars and conferences, conduct interviews and work with internal and external partners to promote POINT service.
- Create professional quality written and visual material for internal and external audiences including but not limited to reports, photos and graphics.
- Create and present reports summarizing marketing efforts in clear and compelling ways and using appropriate formats.
- Attend regular project meetings with the project manager and marketing consultant and make recommendations on projects and strategies.
- Hybrid remote work options available! Work is performed in an office environment and may require occasional travel.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Learn more about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
Three years technical or higher-level experience directly related to the position under recruitment.
A bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, public relations, marketing, journalism, or the behavioral or social sciences or related degree.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, October 11, 2023.
Click here to learn more and apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 971-273-8687 or email 503-779-9377 ODOTRecruitmentJB@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer