Assisting with analyzing the energy performance and carbon footprint of existing buildings. Surveying and inspecting existing mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems, as well as building envelope components related to the overall aspect of building construction. Perform energy calculations and long-term sustainability analysis for construction upgrades to existing building systems. Reviewing the ongoing work of contractors for the completion of project activities (field and office) and preparing summary documentation (reports, correspondence, verbal communication) for Project Manager review. Digital drafting of certain energy-related production projects and document preparation for PM review.
- Adhere to all Structures Group Accountabilities listed within the Appendix A.
- Assist with walkthroughs and surveys of existing buildings, focusing on all components that impact energy consumption, including measurements, photos, and equipment inventory.
- Perform basic hand/Excel calculations and detailed computer simulated energy modeling calculations demonstrating energy savings of various construction solutions
- Become well versed in communicating the nuances of New York City’s various laws, building codes, and legislation that require existing buildings to reduce energy towards a zero-carbon all-electric future
- Assist with preparing summary documentation (photo reports, site markups, verbal communication)
- Drafting of schematic and detailed construction documents of various mechanical, plumbing, and electrical projects.
- High School or Associates degree in a related field and/or applicable work experience.
- 0-3 years of mechanical or electrical engineering of buildings and/or design in support of various existing building projects and initiatives. Understanding of processes, compliance, and other design consulting and construction professionals.
- Adhere to all Structures Group Special Competencies and Certifications listed within the Appendix A.
- Working knowledge thermodynamics, electrical engineering and distribution principles, heat transfer calculations, building load/energy modeling tasks, and energy conservation principles
- The position is based in Manhattan, NY and will involve moderate travel throughout the five boroughs. Job requires the ability to navigate urban, rural and industrial site. Must have a valid driver’s and safe driving record.
- Must be physically fit enough to walk fire escapes, stairwells, multiple flights of stairs, and various basement areas. Must also be able to sit for long periods of time in front of a computer terminal, operating a computer keyboard and general office equipment.
- Office is a temperature controlled, smoke free environment.
- Field Inspection performed in outdoor temperature extremes for brief periods of time, but mostly indoors.
PVE, LLC offers a full range of services, including Buildings + Structures, Civil Engineering, Energy + MEP services, Environmental Services, GIS, Land Planning, Landscape Architecture, Survey, and Water/Waste Water Management. With over 170 employees, PVE has the experience, capacity, and agility to address a wide range of design challenges to support our clients across the United States. Our attention to detail has earned PVE a recurring spot on the Engineering News-Record’s (ENR) annual list of Top Design Firms. We offer highly customized services that ensure timely delivery of accurate results.
PVE, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PVE, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. PVE, LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.