Day to day life has room for improvement.
That was our basic thinking when we founded simplehuman in 2000. Our mission is to bring high-performance and sustainable innovation to basic but essential tasks in our daily routine at home. Through new technologies, meticulous engineering and an obsession for improvement, we find new and better ways to achieve basic but important daily tasks.
About the role
We are seeking a smart and analytical E-Commerce Account Manager to join our Sales team. The E-Commerce Account Manager could be the owner of high-profile, large online retailer accounts for the company, including Amazon.
It’s an ideal opportunity for an ambitious recent graduate who is interested in exploring digital sales with a top consumer brand. As with all consumer products companies, this is one of the fastest growing areas in our business, and thus a highly visible role in our company.
It can also be an opportunity for an experienced professional in Sales, DTC E-Commerce, or even Operations seeking to make a career switch for more impactful responsibilities. This is a full-time, on-site position in our Torrance, CA office.
In particular, you will:
- Develop and implement creative strategies to raise simplehuman’s profile and grow our business with Amazon and other online retailers
- Optimize product listings, content, visual assets and conversion rates
- Monitor marketing performance and spend for keyword campaigns and product ads
- Launch innovative marketing campaigns and optimize toward KPI goals
- Report on weekly sales and use data to inform strategic decision
- Build strong relationships with key account partners/buyers
- Launch new digital business initiatives in international markets
- Negotiate business terms
- Contribute to overall strategic planning
- Sharp and analytical, with a strong sense for numbers
- An eagerness to learn
- Bachelor’s degree
- Recent graduate from a top school; OR A current E-Commerce Account Manager with 1-3 years of experience seeking more growth; OR a career-switcher with ambitions to have more business ownership
- Tech-savvy with a critical sense of webpage usability, functionality, design and aesthetic
- 1-2 years of familiarity with national retailers in the consumer products, consumer electronics, or housewares industries a plus
- Some e-commerce experience and metrics a plus
- Experience with Amazon Vendor and/or Seller Central a plus
- Familiarity with Excel
We have the stability of an established business, but the soul of a start-up. We value ingenuity, precise communications, fast iteration and scrappiness. Our teams are tight-knit with a work hard, play hard tradition – we take pride in individual and team success and push boundaries to make the best products. And we only build products we love to use ourselves.
- Cool office with full-court gym + fitness activities/classes (basketball, yoga, volleyball, badminton, krav maga, more) + weight room
- Free weekly breakfasts + birthday celebrations + holiday parties/trips + juice club
- Great benefits + Competitive compensation
- Generous simplehuman product discounts