It’s true; everyone is talking about AI like ChatGPT. Chances are, you may have already played around with it yourself. Like with any technological tool, if used effectively (and that’s really the key!), it can be a huge asset and time saver as you explore opportunities, engage in career conversations, and prepare application materials.
Earlier this semester, we were lucky enough to hear from Swarthmore alum and LinkedIn’s former head of student and alumni education and ChatGPT power user, Jeremy Schifeling. He did a live virtual session to demonstrate how to leverage ChatGPT to support and accelerate your search. In it, he covered:
- What you need to know about utilizing ChatGPT effectively
- How to find your perfect path by exploring different industries based on your major and interests
- The perfect resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile templates for your desired field – including how to get through resume writer’s block every time!
- A complete interview coach that guides you from prepping for the most likely questions to composing an amazing thank you letter.
- The right balance between AI support and human creativity – since the most successful job-seekers will harness both!
If you missed it, don’t worry. Swarthmore students and alumni can access the recording and related resources here.